Procera enables mobile service providers to deliver multi-device service plans with market-proven intelligent policy enforcement solutions.
Mobile Multi-Device Service Plans
With the rising popularity of internet-ready tablets and smartphones, it is commonplace for subscribers and families to use multiple mobile devices, each with its own individual data plan. Yet not all devices or subscribers consume the same amount of network bandwidth. As device quotas are reached, service is degraded or blocked—even if the subscriber has data available on other service plans. This frustrates subscribers, contributing to churn.
How can mobile operators enable subscribers to share their data quota across multiple devices? They need solutions that enable them to:
- Deliver multi-device or “Family” service plans that aggregate bandwidth quotas allocated to multiple devices and/or users
- Notify subscribers when bandwidth quotas are approached or reached
- Enable usage management among the different devices sharing the data plans
- Increase revenue by upselling subscribers to higher bandwidth plans
The Procera Solution
Procera enables mobile service providers to realize their Multi-Device Service Plan strategies with real-time Intelligent Policy Enforcement (IPE) solutions that provide three key use cases:
- Awareness of all mobile subscribers, their network usage and the devices they’re using. When multiple devices are active simultaneously, Procera’s IPE solution enforces a volume limit that is the sum of the data plans for the individual devices—even if the devices are connected through different locations.
- Notification to subscribers when they reach data quota limits. Subscribers are linked to a captive portal that allows them to “top up” their bandwidth allocation and resume activity immediately, minimizing disruption. This increases subscriber satisfaction, while maximizing revenue.
- Control of the applications and bandwidth that can be used by each device. Our IPE solution even extends the concept of “smart limits,” giving parents the ability to manage the bandwidth and applications used by their children.
<< PacketLogic for Mobile Service Providers