Procera enables mobile service providers to deploy captive subscriber portals to enhance subscriber satisfaction, reduce churn and generate incremental revenue.
Mobile Subscriber Portals
Every day, mobile service providers face the challenge of balancing finite network resources with their subscribers’ ever-expanding appetite for bandwidth. As subscribers reach their data plan limits and rack up overage or roaming charges, “monthly bill shock” often creates unhappy subscribers, driving churn rates up.
How can mobile operators manage network usage, without driving subscribers to competitive service providers? They need solutions that enable them to:
- Alert subscribers in real time when they are approaching or have reached their data plan limit
- Send the subscriber to a dedicated online portal where they can quickly and conveniently top up their data limit or upgrade to a higher limit plan
The Procera Solution
Procera enables mobile operators to deploy subscriber portals with real-time Intelligent Policy Enforcement (IPE) solutions that provide three key use cases:
- Awareness of individual subscriber network activity in the context of their data plan. Our IPE solution enables session-based awareness of subscribers, applications, service plans, devices, and more—monitoring usage and enforcing policies in real time.
- Notification to a subscriber that they have reached their limit. Our IPE solution enables real-time subscriber notification, eliminating the risk of “bill shock” at the end of the month. These notifications link directly to a subscriber portal for upgrading or purchasing additional time or bandwidth.
- Captive portals that give subscribers the ability to instantly upgrade their data plan—enhancing subscriber satisfaction while effectively increasing incremental revenue. Our IPE solution integrates seamlessly to mobile network event servers, enabling subscribers to top up or upgrade in real time, minimizing disruption. Portals have a higher take rate for upgrades than emails or SMS messages, thanks to their ease of use and interactivity.
<< PacketLogic for Mobile Service Providers