Procera enables mobile service providers to monetize OTT video services with market-proven intelligent policy enforcement solutions.
Mobile OTT Video
Driven by the popularity of YouTube, Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, and other streaming video services worldwide, Mobile OTT video (“over-the-top”) access is gaining acceptance with the expansion of faster 4G bandwidth and the ubiquity of mobile devices with sophisticated graphics capabilities.
How can mobile operators tap the significant revenue potential of OTT video usage without breaking their networks...or depleting their subscribers’ bank accounts? They need solutions that enable them to:
- Monetize OTT video and promote usage through consumer-friendly, flexible pricing models
- Optimize the user’s streaming video experience
- Increase ARPU without causing churn
The Procera Solution
Procera enables mobile service providers to realize their OTT video strategies with real-time Intelligent Policy Enforcement (IPE) solutions that provide three key use cases:
- Awareness of subscriber-based OTT video usage in the mobile service network. Our IPE solution interacts with 3GPP mobile network Policy and Charging Control (PCC) components to establish subscriber awareness, including subscriber (IMSI) and device (IMEI) identification, location (ULI), service plan information, and subscriber session connectivity with key network elements.
- Optimization, enhancing users’ Quality of Service (QoS) and Quality of Experience (QoE) when streaming video to mobile devices. Our IPE solution monitors OTT video traffic, performing congestion management, policy-based traffic management, packet queuing and prioritization, advanced traffic steering to video optimization and caching solutions, and dynamic video application recognition to optimize mobile video traffic.
- Monetization, enabling a shift from “usage-based” to “value-based” pricing plans that encourage mobile OTT video usage. Our IPE solution enables mobile operators to create a variety of video-content-aware services—from zero-rated application plans (“streaming for free”) and time-of-day prioritization to user-specified video limits and location-based plans.
<< PacketLogic for Mobile Service Providers