Procera enables mobile service providers to manage mobile network usage effectively with market-proven intelligent policy enforcement solutions.
Mobile Network Usage Management
If every mobile subscriber consumed a modest amount of bandwidth, managing the network would be easy. In reality, a small number of subscribers tends to consume the majority of available bandwidth. Left unchecked, this can create network congestion that affects all subscribers, especially during peak usage hours.
How can mobile operators manage network usage more effectively in their access and core networks? They need solutions that enable them to:
- Track usage patterns in detail, identifying subscribers, devices, locations, and times associated with the greatest bandwidth consumption
- Prioritize and manage available bandwidth to ensure high Quality of Experience (QoE) for all subscribers and real-time applications
- Offer higher bandwidth service plan options to offset higher network costs for high bandwidth consumers
The Procera Solution
Procera enables mobile operators to optimize mobile network usage management with real-time Intelligent Policy Enforcement (IPE) solutions that provide three key use cases:
- Awareness of network usage to a granular level. Our IPE solution provides real-time awareness of subscriber ID, service plan, bandwidth usage, device, location, application type, and more. Service providers can view subscriber or service plan usage on an hourly, daily, weekly, or monthly basis to spot critical trends.
- Volume-based shaping, modifying available bandwidth in real time based on each subscriber’s usage. Unlike competing solutions, Procera introduces the concept of a “sliding window” over a specified duration, shaping bandwidth according to a subscriber’s usage patterns over the specific duration. This helps eliminate network traffic peaks, while optimizing bandwidth availability for subscribers. It also enables very flexible fair usage policies that can scale to millions of active subscribers.
- Monetization through tiered service plans that offer subscribers that ability to purchase higher bandwidth limits. Subscribers are alerted when they reach data limits, with a direct link to a captive portal that enables them to upgrade to a higher limit plan—generating incremental revenue while enhancing subscriber satisfaction.
<< PacketLogic for Mobile Service Providers