Procera enables mobile service providers to implement effective threat mitigation strategies with market-proven intelligent policy enforcement solutions.
Mobile Threat Mitigation
With mobile Internet access exploding, network security is a strategic priority for mobile service providers and their subscribers. Malware, viruses and other threats are an unfortunate fact of life of mobile network operations personnel. While network operators have robust threat mitigation systems, these can only be effective if threats are detected quickly, before they impact quality of service (QoS).
How can mobile operators implement effective threat detection and mitigation in their access and core networks? They need solutions that enable them to:
- Monitor network traffic in a granular way to pinpoint potential threats and block them quickly
- Alert threat mitigation systems proactively, allowing rapid response to prevent or minimize impact on the network
- Enable fine-grained mitigation of attacks at the subscriber and application layer
The Procera Solution
Procera enables mobile operators to manage threats more effectively with real-time Intelligent Policy Enforcement (IPE) solutions that provide three key use cases:
- Awareness of all network traffic and data. Our IPE solution provides granular awareness of all subscriber data and activity, as well as device, application type, location, and more.
- Detection of potential threats, in real time, according to defined policies. Our IPE solution analyzes traffic against a comprehensive library of application signatures and can detect anomalous activity based on session and bandwidth limits, instantly alerting threat mitigation and audit systems when thresholds are breached.
- Blocking and reporting of suspect traffic. Procera’s solution also reports on and quarantines infected devices or subscribers exhibiting prohibited behavior (e.g. activity resembling a DDoS attack). The subscriber is then redirected to a captive portal that notifies them of the infection or prohibited activity, requiring subscriber acknowledgement and corrective action before access is restored.
Learn more about our PacketLogic Intelligent Policy Enforcement (IPE) solutions.
<< PacketLogic for Mobile Service Providers