Procera enables mobile service providers to manage data plan usage effectively using market-proven intelligent policy enforcement solutions.
Mobile Data Plan Usage Management
As mobile subscribers increasingly use bandwidth-hungry applications, many routinely max out their data plans. In addition, roaming outside their home network can trigger costly overages. Completely blocking access is not conducive to maintaining happy subscribers. Instead, mobile service providers need a way to control and manage bandwidth, while providing “maxed out” or roaming subscribers with some basic level of service.
How can mobile operators manage network usage without impacting subscriber satisfaction? They need solutions that enable them to:
- Manage bandwidth for individual subscribers based on their data plan and usage, in real time
- Deliver innovative service plans that give subscribers greater flexibility in managing their applications and usage
The Procera Solution
Procera enables mobile operators to implement intelligent subscriber bandwidth management with real-time Intelligent Policy Enforcement (IPE) solutions that provide three key use cases:
- Awareness of each mobile subscriber’s usage against their data plan. Our IPE solution provides real-time awareness of subscriber ID, service plan, bandwidth usage, device, location, application type, and more.
- Volume-based services, managing available bandwidth in real time based on each subscriber’s usage. Unlike competing solutions, Procera introduces the concept of a “sliding window” over a specified duration, managing bandwidth according to a subscriber’s usage patterns over the specific duration. This helps eliminate network traffic peaks, while optimizing bandwidth availability for subscribers.
- Flexibility to adapt to diverse service provider needs. Network traffic can be managed in a variety of ways, including limiting bits, packets, or connections per second, concurrent connections, prioritization, or combinations of these criteria. Our IPE system also enables value-added time-based plans that offer different bandwidth rates at peak hours and weekends.
<< PacketLogic for Mobile Service Providers