Procera enables independent service providers to implement effective threat management strategies with market-proven intelligent policy enforcement solutions.
Threat Management: Malware and Phishing Service
As an increasing number of devices running a diverse set of operating systems and applications come onto the network, mitigating security threats posed by the proliferation of Malware and Phishing has become top of mind. A device stricken with Malware can impact other subscribers adversely and potentially impact optimal operation of network infrastructure. Yet not all devices present the same threat level as it relates to these threats, nor are device-based approaches to the issue consistent and dependable. A holistic network-based approach provides the level of control and predictability that can additionally serve as a platform for service offerings surrounding threat management, thereby providing potential additional revenue.
How can service providers mitigate threats in their networks? They need solutions that enable them to:
- Provide comprehensive recognition of the broad array of Malware threats from suspect Domains to known Spyware and Adware purveyors
- Prevent adverse impact to other subscribers or infrastructure within the framework of the network
- Ensure up-to-date Malware categorization and Phishing site recognition as these emerging threats appear and evolve
- Gain revenue by charging subscribers for dynamically updated Threat Management plans that eliminate the need for stagnant and inconsistent client-only approaches
The Procera Solution
Procera enables independent service providers to implement threat mitigation in real-time with ContentLogic (CI) solutions that provide four key use cases:
- Awareness of content being accessed by subscribers. Our ContentLogic solution determines the content being accessed and compares that to lists that are updated daily of sites known for hosting various Malware and Phishing threats.
- Enforcement of access limitations to content that has been historically identified as a known purveyor of Malware and Phishing. Our ContentLogic solution applies user-aware policies to ensure that these threats, whatever the specific category, are prevented from using the network for distribution, recording information and further attack. If desired, these policies may be targeted to specific subscribers or device types as needed.
- Control through consistent application of Content Intelligence, independent service providers can exert control over subscribers that could otherwise unintentionally access suspect sites and adversely impact network operation.
- Service enablement that drives revenue while increasing subscriber security posture through offering that remains up to date and “no-touch” from a user perspective.
<< PacketLogic™ for Independent Service Providers