Procera enables independent service providers easily to deploy captive subscriber portals to provide subscriber notification of services or service changes.
Broadband Subscriber Portals
Notifying subscribers of new services, changes to their existing services or when they are approaching data plan limits can be a real challenge for broadband service providers. Making certain these interactions are timely and as minimally disruptive as possible is critical for driving subscriber satisfaction levels up and churn rates down.
How can broadband operators provide personalized subscriber notifications for billing, upsell and other purposes? They need solutions that enable them to:
- Identify individual subscribers when they connect to the network
- Redirect the subscriber to a dedicated online portal for notification or to present them with upgrade options during billing events or proactively based on usage
The Procera Solution
Procera enables broadband operators to deploy subscriber portals with real-time Intelligent Policy Enforcement (IPE) solutions that provide three key use cases:
- Awareness of individual subscriber network activity in the context of their data plan. Our IPE solution enables session-based awareness of subscribers, applications, service plans, devices, and more—monitoring usage and enforcing policies in real time.
- Notification to each subscriber, allowing network access once the notification is acknowledged. Our IPE solution enables a wide variety of real-time notifications, including warnings when the subscriber is approaching data limits. These notifications link directly to a subscriber portal for upgrade or the purchase of additional bandwidth.
- Captive portals that give subscribers the ability to instantly upgrade their data plan—enhancing subscriber satisfaction while effectively increasing incremental revenue. Our IPE solution integrates seamlessly to network event servers, enabling subscribers to top up or upgrade in real time, minimizing disruption and maximizing subscriber satisfaction. Portals have a higher take rate for upgrades than emails or SMS messages, thanks to their ease of use and interactivity.
<< PacketLogic™ for Independent Service Providers