Procera enables independent service providers to implement effective revenue assurance strategies with market-proven intelligent policy enforcement solutions.
Broadband Revenue Assurance
With literally millions of transactions occurring every day in broadband data networks, the impact of even a small billing error can be significant if not identified quickly. It’s not unusual for network operators to experience leakage equal to 5% or 10% of total revenues—the challenge is identifying the source. To maximize their revenue potential, broadband network operators must be able to verify data flows in the network.
How can broadband network operators analyze data flows accurately and quickly to identify and minimize leakage? They need solutions that enable them to:
- Track network usage in granular detail to identify over-billed, under-billed or non-billed activity, including unauthorized activity
- View individual subscriber usage in real time and analyze it historically to identify significant deviations in usage
The Procera Solution
ProceraProcera enables broadband network operators to optimize revenue assurance with real-time Intelligent Policy Enforcement (IPE) solutions that provide three key use cases:
- Awareness of each subscriber’s usage against their data plan. Our IPE solution provides real-time awareness of subscriber ID, service plan, bandwidth usage, device, location, application type, and more. This information is critical for identifying discrepancies between network activity and billing system records.
- Real-time analytics to monitor all awareness properties. Procera’s Live View dashboard provides network operators with an instant snapshot of network traffic and consumption of network resources by specific subscriber attributes. Technical support teams can use this to troubleshoot subscriber connections and bandwidth usage to verify usage in real-time.
- Historical analysis of network activity and consumption trends over time. This information improves network operators’ ability to spot trends that may be associated with leakage, while planning for future infrastructure needs. Procera’s rich statistics capabilities enable operators to go back and selectively zero-rate certain application traffic if security breaches occurred or DDoS attacks affect subscriber traffic volumes.
<< PacketLogic™ for Independent Service Providers