Procera enables independent service providers to implement effective parental control strategies with market-proven intelligent policy enforcement solutions.
Parental Control: Content Filtering Service
Independent Service Providers are under increasing demands to account for, regulate and log content that is accessed over their networks. From a service provider perspective, these requirements can result in new subscriber offers that broaden products in the portfolio and drive revenue. In some cases, they must manage content in order to meet regulatory and business pressures of their commercial customers. While existing purpose-built solutions provide some relief for blocking objectionable content, many perform poorly and do not meet the growing expectations of today’s demanding networks. Additionally, these legacy solutions may have client dependencies. Given the explosion in device types and initiatives such as BYOD, these approaches are no longer helpful. As the industry-leader in inline intelligent policy enforcement solutions, Procera understands what this evolving environment requires in terms of Parental Control.
How can service providers implement Content Intelligence in their networks to enforce Parental Control? They need solutions that enable them to:
- Recognize the most current sources of objectionable and offensive content
- Block content from getting to identified subscribers on a subscription basis
- Monitor and potentially block dynamic searches and content based on accurate categorization
- Gain revenue by charging subscribers for an up-to-date and dynamic service that can always identify the most current sources of this kind of content
The Procera Solution
Procera enables independent service providers to implement Parental Control in real-time with ContentLogic solutions that provide four key use cases:
- Awareness of content being accessed by subscribers. Our ContentLogic solution determines the categories of content being accessed and compares that to lists that are updated daily of sites known for and classified as hosting objectionable content.
- Enforcement of access limitations to content that has been historically identified as a known purveyor objectionable content. Our ContentLogic solution applies user-aware policies to ensure that this content, whatever the specific category, is blocked from identified subscribers. If desired, these policies may not only be targeted to specific subscribers but to certain devices as well.
- Control through consistent application of Content Intelligence, independent service providers can exert control over subscribers that could otherwise access suspect sites and be exposed to objectionable content.
- Service enablement that drives revenue while increasing subscriber safety through an offer that remains up to date and "no-touch" from a user perspective.
<< PacketLogic™ for Independent Service Providers