Procera enables independent service providers to monitor, analyze and manage OTT video service traffic with market-proven intelligent policy enforcement solutions.
Broadband OTT Video
The popularity of YouTube, Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, and other OTT (“over-the-top”) streaming video services poses a challenge that cable operators and other fixed-line broadband service providers can’t ignore. They need a clear understanding of how OTT video usage patterns impact their networks. For example, they need to understand how different video streaming devices—such as gaming consoles vs. tablets—impact video consumption patterns. Operators offering competitive video services need insight into OTT video usage to create their marketing and service plan strategies, not to mention CAPEX planning.
How can broadband operators achieve an accurate picture of OTT video usage? They need solutions that enable them to:
- Analyze OTT video usage patterns across their networks, both in real time and historically
- Identify which subscribers and groups are using OTT video services
- Manage network capacity intelligently by creating service plans that enable control and monetization of OTT video
The Procera Solution
Procera enables broadband service providers to realize their OTT video strategies with real-time Intelligent Policy Enforcement (IPE) solutions that provide three key use cases:
- Awareness of OTT video usage in the broadband service network down to the subscriber level. Our IPE solution provides real-time awareness of subscriber ID, application type, service plan, bandwidth usage, device, location, and more. View subscriber usage on an hourly, daily, weekly, or monthly basis to spot critical trends.
- Analysis of network activity and consumption associated with OTT video usage. Our IPE solution provides real-time monitoring of all awareness properties. Plus, it enables historical analysis of network activity and consumption trends over time. This information improves network operators’ ability to plan for future infrastructure needs. And it provides broadband service marketing teams with invaluable insight into subscriber activity, driving development of new, differentiated services and plans.
- Traffic management, where permitted, to prioritize broadband service provider offerings while ensuring a basic QoS level to OTT traffic. Our IPE solution provides intelligent traffic management with policy-based enforcement of traffic rules for each traffic type, in accordance with QoS levels for each class of service.
<< PacketLogic™ for Independent Service Providers