Procera enables broadband service providers to monitor, analyze and manage VoIP traffic on their networks with market-proven intelligent policy enforcement solutions.
The popularity of Skype, Google Voice and other Internet-based VoIP services poses a significant challenge to fixed-line broadband service providers. They need a clear understanding of VoIP usage patterns for network planning purposes to assure QoS and subscriber satisfaction, especially to ensure emergency 911 services. And broadband service providers with competitive voice offerings need insight into usage of third-party VoIP services to guide their marketing strategies and service plan creation.
How can broadband operators achieve an accurate picture of VoIP usage in their networks? They need solutions that enable them to:
- Analyze VoIP usage patterns across their networks, both in real time and historically
- Identify which subscribers and groups are using third-party VoIP services
- Manage network traffic intelligently to deliver high QoE and emergency services during network congestion
The Procera Solution
Procera enables broadband service providers to realize their VoIP strategies with real-time Intelligent Policy Enforcement (IPE) solutions that provide three key use cases:
- Awareness of VoIP usage in the broadband service network down to the subscriber level. Our IPE solution provides real-time awareness of subscriber ID, application type, service plan, bandwidth usage, device, location, and more. View subscriber usage on an hourly, daily, weekly, or monthly basis to spot critical trends.
- Analysis of network activity and consumption associated with VoIP usage. Our IPE solution provides real-time monitoring of all awareness properties. Plus, it enables historical analysis of network activity and consumption trends over time. This information improves network operators’ ability to plan for future infrastructure needs. And it provides broadband service marketing teams with invaluable insight into subscriber activity, driving development of new, differentiated services and plans.
- Traffic management, where permitted, to prioritize broadband service provider or white label VoIP offerings. Our IPE solution provides intelligent traffic management with policy-based enforcement of traffic rules for each traffic type, in accordance with QoS levels for each class of service.
<< PacketLogic for Fixed Broadband Service Providers