Procera enables broadband service providers to implement subscriber-, device-, and application-aware traffic steering using market-proven intelligent policy enforcement solutions.
Broadband Advanced Traffic Steering
To meet subscriber needs and differentiate their offerings, many broadband service providers are incorporating value-added services like parental control for web browsing, video optimization, and security services into their service plans. To avoid overwhelming application servers, decreasing network reliability, or increasing network latency, network operators need to redirect this service-related traffic in a more selective and intelligent way.
How can broadband operators use traffic steering to better manage bandwidth and application performance? They need solutions that enable them to:
- Direct application services traffic intelligently, based on individual subscriber and application needs, in real time
- Optimize application and network performance, without large additional infrastructure investments
- Surgically redirect traffic requiring value-added services to minimize CAPEX expenditures
The Procera Solution
Procera enables broadband operators to implement subscriber- and application-aware traffic steering with real-time Intelligent Policy Enforcement (IPE) solutions that provide three key use cases:
- Awareness of both individual subscribers and applications. Our IPE solution provides granular awareness of subscriber and application attributes, enabling highly selective traffic steering in real time. Traffic steering policies can be based on subscriber ID, service plan, application type, device type, and more.
- Surgical Steering of mobile application traffic, according to predefined policies. When application traffic matches a traffic steering policy (or a chain of service policies), Procera’s IPE solution ensures traffic is diverted to the appropriate service appliance. Service chains can support multiple services, allowing creation of more sophisticated services that require multiple traffic steering decisions.
- Flexibility to interoperate easily with any value-added service solution. Our IPE solution can steer traffic at any point in the connection—at the start of the flow, after the application is identified, or even if the flow changes mid-stream—and supports mirroring, Layer 2 or 3 divert, or http redirection for steering.
<< PacketLogic for Fixed Broadband Service Providers