Procera enables broadband service providers to manage data plan usage effectively using market-proven intelligent policy enforcement solutions.
Broadband Data Plan Usage Management
As broadband subscribers increasingly use bandwidth-hungry applications and frequently visit social networking sites, many routinely max out their usage allowance. Completely blocking network access is not conducive to maintaining happy subscribers, nor is charging overage fees without proper notification. Instead, broadband service providers need a way to control and manage bandwidth, while providing “maxed out” subscribers with flexible service levels based on their choices.
How can broadband operators manage network usage without impacting subscriber satisfaction? They need solutions that enable them to:
- Manage bandwidth for individual subscribers based on their data plan and usage, in real time
- Deliver innovative service plans that give subscribers greater control in managing their applications and usage
- Provide subscribers that have exceeded their volume with proactive advice of charge and multiple service options for over-subscription data—rate limited, fee-based, or only allowing certain applications to operate.
The Procera Solution
Procera enables broadband service providers to implement intelligent subscriber bandwidth management with real-time Intelligent Policy Enforcement (IPE) solutions that provide three key use cases:
- Awareness of each subscriber’s usage against their data plan. Our IPE solution provides real-time awareness of subscriber ID, service plan, bandwidth usage, application type, device, location, and more, each with unique volume tracking and allowances that can be separately managed and tracked.
- Volume-based services, managing available bandwidth in real time based on each subscriber’s usage. Unlike competing solutions, Procera introduces the concept of a “sliding window” over a specified duration, managing bandwidth according to a subscriber’s usage patterns over the specific duration. This helps eliminate network traffic peaks, while optimizing bandwidth availability for subscribers.
- Captive that advise subscribers that they have reached their limit and offer the option to accept reduced bandwidth or instantly “top up” their bandwidth—enhancing subscriber satisfaction while increasing incremental revenue. Our IPE solution integrates seamlessly with network event servers, enabling subscribers to top up in real time, minimizing disruption and promoting subscriber retention.
<< PacketLogic for Fixed Broadband Service Providers