Procera enables educational institutions to implement tiered data service plans with market-proven intelligent policy enforcement solutions.
Tiered Data Service Plans for Education
Bandwidth consumption in college and university residence networks is exploding, creating inconsistent quality of service (QoS). Addressing user complaints with constant bandwidth upgrades is not an option given budget constraints. Instead, creative institutions are looking to offer tiered data plans that allocate network capacity to users based on their roles. This allows delivering different service tiers to students and faculty—or to offer “standard” and “premium” service levels to generate revenue while managing network traffic.
How can education network managers implement tiered data service plans in their residential networks? They need solutions that enable them to:
- Differentiate among different classes of users—delivering a higher level of service to one, while ensuring basic service for the other
- Implement tiered charging to generate incremental revenue for upsell plans that deliver high bandwidth and volume services.
- More effectively manage network traffic with existing network infrastructure
The Procera Solution
Procera enables education institutions to realize their tiered data service plan strategies with real-time Intelligent Policy Enforcement (IPE) solutions that provide three key use cases:
- Awareness of all network users and their network behavior. Our SmartCampus solution provides the individual awareness essential for detecting and serving individual network users.
- Protection of minimum bandwidth guarantees for all users. SmartCampus applies user-aware policies to protect bandwidth guarantees for all users, according to their service level. SmartCampus also makes user and data plan information readily available to network and Help Desk staff, speeding resolution of trouble calls.
- Monetization through tiered service plans that offer value to users while generating revenue to help fund future network upgrades. Our flexible SmartCampus solution also sets the stage for more sophisticated plans, such as grouping different devices within a single, aggregated quota.
<< PacketLogic for Education Institutions