Procera enables educational institutions to more effectively manage network traffic with market-proven intelligent policy enforcement solutions.
Traffic Management Support for Education
A major challenge faced by colleges and universities is complying with regulations designed to prevent unauthorized sharing of copyright-protected materials across their networks. Institutions are required by law to develop and implement a plan to combat illegal peer-to-peer (P2P) file sharing. At the same time, they need to ensure bandwidth is made available for legitimate academic use by faculty.
How can education network managers cost-effectively detect and block illegal file sharing while protecting bandwidth for educational purposes? They need solutions that enable them to:
- Monitor user behavior across the network
- Ensure compliance with laws relating to P2P file sharing
- Give priority to academic content and applications such as distance learning and telemedicine
The Procera Solution
Procera enables education institutions to deploy intelligent traffic management strategies with real-time Intelligent Policy Enforcement (IPE) solutions that provide three key use cases:
- Awareness of all network users and their network behavior. Leveraging Procera’s state-of-the-art deep packet inspection technology, our SmartCampus solution monitors user activity and enforces traffic policies at the individual user level. Our comprehensive, updated application database of 2000+ signatures ensure positive identification of applications on the network.
- Shaping and limiting of P2P file sharing traffic. SmartCampus enforces user-aware policies to shape network traffic, limiting P2P file sharing. Our solution maps user identity to network address, expediting illegal P2P takedown responses.
- Prioritization of academic traffic, in accordance with university policy. Our SmartCampus solution enforces prioritization policies for individual users based on their user class and network activity. Our solution allows network administrators to quickly define and apply granular policies for various user groups, time-of-day, location, and other criteria.
<< PacketLogic for Education Institutions