Procera enables cloud service providers to implement personalized, intelligent service charging with market-proven intelligent policy enforcement solutions.
Cloud-based Intelligent Service Charging
Cloud service subscribers today rely on their service provider’s network for everything from critical business applications to personal data backup and photo sharing. As subscribers add more active devices and consume more bandwidth, service providers need ways to generate revenues to offset rising CapEx requirements.
How can cloud service providers deploy personalized services that link usage to applications and devices, and still offer consumers value-based, predictable pricing? To successfully implement intelligent charging, they need solutions that enable them to:
- Offer consumer subscribers a wider range of personalized services
- Transition to pricing plans tied to subscriber application usage
- Support zero-rating of specific content or application types to enable high value service bundles
- Deliver services that increase Average Revenue Per User (ARPU)
The Procera Solution
Procera enables cloud service providers to realize their Intelligent Service Charging strategies with real-time Intelligent Policy Enforcement (IPE) solutions that provide four key use cases:
- Service charging implementation that leverages investments in standards-based Policy and Charging control systems and provides close coordination between management and enforcement systems. Our IPE solution enforces charging plans in real time, enabling personalized plans based on application categories, individual applications, or even specific content.
- Service velocity, giving service providers the ability to recognize changing usage behaviors and react rapidly—easily creating customized services to address these dynamic trends. This is enabled by the detailed analytics provided by Procera’s Report Studio and PacketLogic Intelligence Center.
- Tiered charging, that allows greater flexibility when creating value-based personalized services. Our IPE solution enable a wide range of subscriber-centric policies—such as prioritizing specific applications or data types, setting volume limits based on session-specific usage categories, time of day limitations, and more.
- Zero-rating, allowing “free” usage of specific services or content types as part of a base-level plan. Zero-rating can be associated with certain service plans, by day or time of day, or offered for an introductory period to entice subscribers.
<< PacketLogic for Cloud Operators